Confused by the Living Options for the Elderly?
As we age, it becomes more and more difficult to remain at home. On the other hand, for most of us, living in our own homes as long as possible is fundamental to maintaining our independence.
Those with family members close by may be fortunate to receive help from those who care the most about you. But even close relatives have their limitations in terms of time and skill, and can easily become overwhelmed by what needs to be done. Plus, there often comes a time when more skilled or complete care is required.
GMS Associates can guide you and your family members through the bewildering array of housing options for the elderly, allowing you to make decisions that are in the best interest of all concerned.
Among the choices are:
• Staying at home independently
• Modifying the home for special needs
• Staying at home with family help
• Staying at home with outside services
• Downsizing to smaller home or apartment
• Moving in with family members
• Elderly daycare outside the home
• Independent living for seniors
• Assisted living facility
• Nursing home
• Skilled care facility
Each of these options comes with a lengthy set of questions that you need to answer to make sure it is the best solution. GMS Associates can help you identify those questions and guide you through the possible solutions. We can then make recommendations for reliable assistance through:
Click on the small diagram to return to the full-sized diagram on the homepage
• Government Programs
• Home Health Agencies
• Visiting Nurse Associations
• Nursing Home and Assisted Living Administrators
• Senior Living Communities
• Home Modification Services
• Downsizing/Senior Moving Consultants